Apr 26, 2011

PRADA MARFA!



Hello my dear readers! It's time for some art!

Gde ste moji dragi citaoci, vreme je za malo umetnosti!

All of you who passionately follow Gossip Girl this painting is an old news. Besides the fashion I find intrier design in show divine!  Prada Marfa painting stands in penthouse of Lilly Van der Woodesen- Bass- Humprey.
I love this painting from the moment I saw her, and of course I was wondering what Prada Marfa is?



Za sve vas koji pasionirano pratite Gossip Girl (kao ja:) ova slika OLD NEWS.  Pored mode koja me , naravno, svaki put iznova ostavi bez teksta (a to je tesko:), dizajn enetrijera je za svaku pohvalu, mislim da i on zasluzuje svoj post u sto skorijoj buducnosti! 

Da se vratim na znak Prada Marfa, ova slika se nalazi na ulazu u penthouse Lilly Van Der Woodsen-Bass-Huprey. Obozavam ovu sliku od momenta kada sam je ugledala i naravno nisam mogla a da se ne zapitam, sta je zapravo PRADA MARFA? 

Well, there's an interesting story behind this sign. Marfa is a small town in Texas, and ladies and gent may I introduce you the Prada store in Marfa:

Zapravno postoji jedva jako interesanta prica iza ovoga znaka. Marfa je mali grad u Teksasu od oko dve hiljade stanovnika. A ovo je Pradina prodavnica u Marfi:


I'm sure you are all wondering what the hell is Prada doing in the middle of nowhere....
Prada Marfa is a permanently installed sculpture by artists  Elmgreen and Dragest. The installation was inaugurated on October 1, 2005. The artists called the work a "pop arhitectaul and land project." The sculpture, realized with the assistance of American architects Ronald Rael and Virginia San Fratello, cost US$80,000 and was intended to never be repaired, so it might slowly degrade back into the natural landscape. This plan was deviated from when, three days after the sculpture was completed, vandals graffited the exterior, and broke into the building stealing handbags and shoes.
The wares, shoes and handbags for the installation was picked up by Miuccia Prada herself!


Verovatno se svi pitate: Sta ce zaboga Pradina radnja u toj nedodjiji? 
E ovako, umetnici Elmgreen and Dragset su se dosetili da bi bilo jako cool da postave skulpturu citaj fake Pradinu radnju. u pustinji. Buduci, da su vec uspesno saradjivali sa Pradom 2001. godina. Signora Miuccia ih je je naravno podrzala i cak i sama izabrala odecu, torbe i obucu koja ce stajati u ovoj radnji. Skupltura je inaugurisana 2005 godine i kostala je oko 80 000 dolara. Nazalost, samo tri dana kasnije su je vandali izvrljali grafitima, polomili stakla i ukradli  sve iz radnje... 




Even donkey looks cool with Prada:)))

If you are interested in buying Prada Marfa sign visit www.worksonwhatever.com.... I thik I will now cheat fashion with art!

24 comments:

  1. Cool post, nisam znala, i ja se pitala..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this really is an interesting story... I was always wondering about the painting in Lily's Apartment in Gossip Girl. I totally love it but never got the sense of it - thank you so much for sharing this :D

    I really enjoy reading your blog, darling :)

    Miri's Castle

    ReplyDelete
  3. E uvek sam se pitala sta znavi ta slika! :))
    Sad znam !
    ***

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gde da je nabavimo? reprodukciju, mislim....
    Mirjana

    ReplyDelete
  5. www.worksonwhatever.com, na ovoj adersi Mirce:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mina ... You are truly gorgeous !

      Delete
  6. Hvala za info:)
    moj stan iz snova!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, wow, thank you for sharing this post with us,
    yeah, i am such a big fan of gossip girl, and i looove lilly, she s so classy and stylish, and i ve never knows what is this prada marfa :)))
    such a nice blog you have, def. following you
    maybe you would like to check my blog and drawings
    xx
    http://www.theothersideofwonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Darlings, Lovely blog! Just to let you all know, I'm selling Black and white Prada Marfa signs printed onto a high quality canvas here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prada-Marfa-Sign/230961727352?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=013&category=38237&cmd=ViewItem for a lot less than the signs on Art.com which are around £200 Check it out if you're at all interested! Keep blogging! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's remarkable in favor of me to have a website, which is beneficial designed for my know-how. thanks admin

    Feel free to visit my page; プラダ 財布

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a
    lot of spam remarks? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or
    anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.

    Also visit my site ... プラダバッグ

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this web site provides quality dependent articles and additional information,
    is there any other web page which presents such information in quality?



    My weblog: サングラス レイバン

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and entertaining, and
    without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that too few people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I found this in my search for something regarding this.

    Feel free to visit my web-site :: monster ヘッドホン

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are
    you using for this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems
    with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Feel free to visit my web blog ... プラダ バッグアウトレット

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail.

    I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

    Also visit my homepage ... monster ヘッドホン

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for another fantastic article. The place else may anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect manner of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such info.


    my website: corporativoinfo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on シャネル アウトレット.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff previous to and you're simply extremely great. I actually like what you've acquired right here,
    really like what you are stating and the way in which in which you are saying it.

    You're making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great site.

    Feel free to surf to my website ... chanelhandbagsoutletssale.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you have any video of that? I'd care to find out some additional information.

    Have a look at my web blog; シャネル アウトレット

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.
    I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great writing, have a nice evening!


    my web blog - ロレックスコピー

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
    very good gains. If you know of any please share.
    Cheers!

    My page: http://www.mylegalbookmarks.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a topic that is close to my heart... Take care!
    Where are your contact details though?

    Review my site air jordan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites
    I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It's always useful to read through articles from other writers and practice something from their websites.

    Take a look at my weblog - http://associationoffineartists.org.uk/activity/p/50448/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do not know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with your blog. It looks like some of the written text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.

    Cheers

    Also visit my webpage ... サングラスレイバン

    ReplyDelete